1. Select a title that identifies your topic and its gross sales potential in 30 characters or much less so it may well match into trade broad databases. A ebook’s title is its main gross sales instrument. Everybody who hears your title ought to be taught exactly what your ebook is about. With Four million titles on amazon.com, make your title inform.
2. State how your topic pertains to your focused viewers. Who or what are the ebook’s principal gamers or ideas and what resonance do they maintain on your market?
3. Reply, So what for $27.95? In Three bulleted sentences checklist the take-home worth of your ebook for the reader-buyer.
4. Determine a spot within the literature in your topic and state what makes you one of the best writer to write down this ebook. In 2 paragraphs state what every chapter covers and present how the ebook’s construction is designed to unfold your core argument.
5. Who precisely wants to purchase your ebook and why? How many individuals is that (e.g., “350,000 members of the nationwide group for unsighted mountain climbers, Group Identify and URL”)? What does the patron anticipate to get out of the ebook? How does your ebook ship this?
6. State particularly what makes your ebook higher, extra salable, extra unique than every of the main Four competing in-print titles (listed with full bibliographic data).
7. Embody an annotated desk of contents itemizing all components to be included (illustrations, glossary, index). Use chapter titles that clearly determine chapter contents. In 20 phrases most for every, reveal how Chapter 1 leads into your big-picture topic and the way every subsequent chapter builds on previous ones and ties into those who comply with.
8. What do you carry to the ebook’s advertising and marketing desk? Describe your writer’s platform to convey particularly how your authorship provides worth to the writer’s book-marketing efforts. Cite URLs for any web site centered on you, in your topic, in your goal market and quantify month-to-month guests.
9. Form a gripping 20- to 30-page Essay that may shut your ebook’s sale to an agent or a writer. Artfully compile out of your complete manuscript or working materials a so-called pattern chapter that showcases your writing type and options the vary of what your ebook has to supply. It’s not a lot what you write as the way you write it that retains a reader turning pages.
10. Study the publishing trade’s customary book-proposal format and submit a professional-looking document–or pay an knowledgeable to do that. When you, the writer, are unwilling to take a position your time and assets to create a bulletproof ebook proposal, why would an agent or a writer spend money on your ebook?